Many of us listen to music or audio through a pair of headphones. However, if you are looking for a more high quality pair of headphones to enjoy your music rather than the usual iPod earbuds, read this guide to find out the perfect pair of headphones for you. Headphones come in all different shapes and sizes, so I will be discussing the pros and cons of various styles of headphones.
Earbuds are the tiny earpieces that are put inside your ears. These are the most common type of headphones, as cheaper earbuds usually come with music players.
- Very portable and easy to store.
- More comfortable than other headphones if you wear glasses or have some other obstruction.
- Sound quality is worse than other types of headphones.
- Easy to fall off your ears.
Ear Pad Headphones
These are like full size headphones, however do not completely surround your ear. They used to be more popular before the iPod, however do still have some worthy features that make them an option.
- The most comfortable headphones out of all of them.
- Won’t make your ears uncomfortable.
- The construction of ear pad headphones makes them have good sound.
- Especially good for exercising, as the sound quality is good but doesn’t completely blank out everything around you.
- Won’t block outside noise, so don’t use them in loud areas.
- Music is not completely private, others around you can hear your music.
Full Size Headphones
Full size headphones come with ear cups that completely surround your ear. They are larger than other types of headphones, and provide the best sound quality.
- Best sound quality out of all the other types of headphones.
- Comes with a lot of padding, making the headphones extra comfortable.
- Isolates you from outside noise.
- Full size headphones are very big, so they aren’t very portable.
- May be uncomfortable for some people.
- Uncomfortable for your ears; may make your ears hot.